Sunday, September 11, 2011

I will never forget!

I will never forget getting up and turning on the TV 10 years ago. I couldn't believe what I was seeing!

As I watch the news this morning and the recaps of that day; and how we've changed as a nation over the last 10 years, I find a lump swelling in my throat and tears welling up in my eyes once again.

I have my little snits about politics and issues that are near and dear to my heart, but the truth is, I love this country and I know how lucky I am to be a United States Citizen! As I reflect on this day, I will focus not on the terror, but the unity and patriotism that followed the attacks.

I remember the solidarity that enveloped this nation and the world after 9/11. I remember how democrats and republicans rallied and united together in hopes of making this country a safer place to live. I remember standing in line to buy a flag to fly on my house.

God bless the United States, our troops, our citizens, and especially the families that lost so much 10 years ago!




Jeran

No comments:

Post a Comment