Friday, February 24, 2012

So many headlines!

So much to talk about; I really am going to make a solid effort to blog a bit more! I've missed my ranting and raving in this forum. Let's get to it!

I saw this on CNN this morning and I think I'm in Love!  "Gay Texas judge refuses to wed straight couples"  What a great idea for an activist!

Also saw that the Tyler Clementi bullying trial begins today. This, of course, has become one of the most publicized bullying/suicide incidents in recent years. I really look forward to the day sexual orientation for teens, and everyone for that matter, is not a reason for being bullied or ridiculed. I don't suppose I will see that day in my lifetime; however there is some wonderful news on the marriage equality front....

Maryland has (or is about to) become the eight state that allows for full marriage equality. Yay!! So far this year we've seen marriage equality arrive in Washington State, now Maryland, and of course we could have seen this in New Jersey as well, but a self righteous, bigoted governor has stood in the way! Like I always say, he might have won the battle, but we will win the war!

I put up this last picture in memory of Tyler and everyone else that has been bullied, teased, tormented, and ridiculed for living a life that feels natural, healthy, comfortable, and right. I hope today we will all reach out to our LGTB friends and let them know that they are loved and appreciated.


Jeran

3 comments: