Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Deficit Time Bomb

I've had it with the deficit talks. We are in the 11th hour and still playing partisan politics! I have clients calling me going into panic mode about what to do with their life savings. Old people, young people, working people, are all being asked to make big sacrifices. Multi-millionaires and billionaires are not???? Why???


Warren Buffet said, “there is plenty of room on the revenue side with wealthy people like me. We've never had it so good. I mean our tax rates have never been lower than this and we've had it for 10 years and it's shown in the great disparity of wealth that's occurred in the last decade or so.”



Washington Post/ABC News Poll: Americans support a "mixed" approach to reducing the deficit. What's interesting is the Post/ABC News poll shows a Republican Partly clearly divided on that question. Overall, more than six in 10 Americans say a plan to reduce the deficit should include a combination of spending cuts and new taxes, rather than exclusively one or the other. (Washington Post, 7/19/11)

I'm fed up with the crap! It's time for everyone, no matter where you live, to call and email your Representatives and Senators. You can find out how to contact you Representative(s) here. And contact your two Senators here.

Folks I know this isn't fun reading but it really is going to affect each and everyone of us. Most people I know have just now gotten back to their pre-recession levels as far as their investments go. If you just retired, or are already retired, can you afford another crash and wait 5-10 years for your investments to recover? How would higher interest rates on mortgages, vehicles, and credit cards affect your bottom line? What do you think the global economy would do if the U.S. economy went in the tank?

I hate talking doomsday and I hope a compromise is reached.  But it's really time we look at who we have elected and put in Washington D.C. These folks are playing dangerous games that will ultimately hurt small people, working class people, and fair and decent citizens like you and me!

Jeran

3 comments:

  1. Put your trust in government and set yourself up for frustration.

    Expectation minus reality equals disappointment.

    Equality is your mantra. It seems you don’t appreciate the unintended consequences.

    Equality isn’t any fun anymore is it Jeran? That didn’t take long! :)

    Put your trust in your Creator Jaren. He's there for you.

    Marc,
    Salt and Light Perspective

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the hell does that mean marc?? As usual your way off base and not making any sense.

    Sorry you're on the losing side of the equality movement, I'm sure that's frustrating!

    did you see the new pics on the blog? I think they're wonderful!!!

    oh and btw I know my "creator" is there for me he's just not a judgmental, uneducated, ignorant, hateful prick like you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marc, Just what does your comment have to do with Jeran's blog?

    You talk about the creator but she preached love not hate. What's in your heart Marc.

    ReplyDelete