Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I need help understanding this!

Can some of my Tea Party friends please explain to me why taxing the wealthiest Americans at higher rates doesn't make sense, and is completely off limits in the budget negotiations; but cutting programs like Medicare and Social Security that affect nearly every single one of us does?? Because I can't wrap my little brain around it!

I hope everyone was able to see Obama's press conference in which he stated if these negotiations fail, seniors may not get their Social Security checks in August (that's about two weeks away.) Along with the stock market crashing, our military and government employees not getting paid, the U.S. credit rating goes into the toilet, and a few other pleasantries to boot. This is serious business and is actually starting to spook me a little bit!

Why are we letting these morons in Washington negotiate with the idea of taking money away from my Grandma and Grandpa, these are hard working decent Americans who have contributed a great deal into making this country what it is! My Grandpa is Korean war hero. They don't live extravagant lifestyles, in fact they live very modestly and if you cut out part of their Social Security it will hurt them financially. They're not in the best of health either, so if you want to cut Medicare that is also going to hurt them financially.  Why do you want to do this to them??? All the while keeping my good buddy Cynthia Lummis, along with other  multimillionaire legislators, in one of the lowest tax brackets of all time!  Am I the only one that can't get past the hypocrisy?

Oh and one more little snit, If I hear one more person refer to Social Security as an entitlement program I will probably throw up. Unless you mean, I've put money into it for years and years and I'm entitled to get it back! Then I'm cool with you..

Jeran

1 comment:

  1. Simply put, Jeran: the lunatics have taken over the asylum. The kindergartners are running the schoolhouse. Voices of responsibility, moderation, reconciliation, and compromise are drowned out in the non-stop 24 hour news cycle. This country cannot last if this continues.

    ReplyDelete