Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I need these victories!

Yesterday equality took a few more baby steps in the right direction. To recap, read the entire story here, a chief U.S. District Court Judge said that an openly gay judge was completely competent to rule on issues that involve the gay community. Of course this relates to Judge Vaughn Walker's decision that California's Proposition 8 is unconstitutional.

I really can't express what this does to me as a human being and as a gay individual living in Wyoming. These little victories are HUGE and help me keep my sanity!

Last night before I went to bed I was browsing through the comments on my blog and this little morsel caught my eye. (scroll through the blog until you get to comments and read what Marc wrote) I didn't catch it at first because my computer had flagged it as spam, but after reading it, it was not spam..... it was a message of hate.

I just for the life of me can't understand how someone could be so hatefully ignorant! I generally think that as a society we are making big strides, almost daily, in the fight on equality and viewing gay people as normal human beings. But when I read this kind of junk I realize how much we need to continue to speak out and fight against these ignorant assholes!

Obviously this personal deals in fiction rather than facts (just read the older blog comments,) and has lost all credibility as a worthy adversary on the debate on marriage equality. How can you take a child, physically abuse him, tell him everything that's going on in his head is wrong and that he needs to fight it, and then suggest that program has had no bearing on the adult he turned out to be or ultimately resulted in his suicide??

This also caught my eye "homosexuality will not be normal until 2 men can make each other pregnant." Wow! But, this is the kind of message WYWATCH preaches, they repeatedly testified to WY Lawmakers that the only reason we were put on this earth was to procreate and if you can't do that, then you were basically worthless. We responded, what about people who are sterile? What about an elderly couple that wants to get married but are to old to conceive? What about a straight couple that chooses to not have any children? Of course they had no answers. The only group they really wanted to rally against were gay's!

So little victories (and of course all my amazing friends) help me stay sane and realize that I need to keep fighting and shouting for what I believe in. Marc, you can't take away my voice, you can't take away this trend that is sweeping the country, and when you make comments like that, you expose the hateful, ignorant, bigot that you are. I really hope you are alive and well to see the day that same sex marriage is legal in all 50 states because I believe that day is coming!

Jeran


1 comment:

  1. Jeran,

    I started writing a comment about the article Mark placed, and I just gave up. Frankly, I have ran out of steam when it comes to those types of hateful posts. Even if we could knock each other up, they would claim it is an abomination. These are the same people who are pro-life yet anti-tax. Pro-procreation yet despise paying to support the hungry mouths in this country. I still don't get why anyone gets a tax deduction for children. We deserve it since, um, we don't have children overpopulating this earth. Anyhow I digress. The fact of the matter is these folks are so beyond having any sense of reality they are grasping at straws. And for being "Christians" they sure do not adhere to the values of JC. Just saying. I find it amazing the amount of hypocracy these people bleed.

    Regardless, keep your chin up!

    Tim Reid

    ReplyDelete