Saturday, March 12, 2011

It’s Saturday just a little after 5pm. I have been cleaning my house all afternoon. I hate house cleaning day; but my house is going to get cleaned once every 6 months whether it needs it or not. J That’s a joke!

Today everything felt so different. As I was scrubbing my bathroom floor cursing the copious amounts of hairspray I use every day, (leaves a sticky film all over everything) it occurred to me just how lucky I actually was to have a house to clean.

The last two days I’ve watched the tsunami pictures on TV in disbelief. How could that actually happen? A wave so huge and destructive that it can sweep away homes, buildings, and cars like they are weightless. I also can’t imagine the fear of living near a nuclear power plant that is so unstable, at any given minute a giant cloud of radioactive steam might come rolling down my street.

Those poor people! I hope and pray none of us ever have to experience what it feels like to lose everything in the blink of an eye.  




I will continue to advocate and fight for what I believe in, but today I will reflect on how blessed my life truly is. I have a roof over my head. I have electricity, warm water, plenty of food in the kitchen, and all my loved ones are accounted for.

I just poured myself a glass of wine and put my feet up. Liz is hanging out with her friends upstairs listening to music that I actually like. Landon will be coming home from work shortly and I will be able to greet him with a hug and a kiss.  Later we will be hanging out with some of our dear friends smiling, laughing, eating good food and drinking good wine!  Wow, I am truly blessed!  Today I don’t feel like complaining about anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment