Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Rendezvous was a smashing success!

Rendezvous has come and gone and many have said, "it was the best ever!" I'm really proud of the work we all did to make R-11 such a fantastic event. The Wyoming Equality board worked very hard to make sure everything ran smoothly; and we had so many amazing volunteers that helped us with everything from food to set up/tear down, trash pick up, registration, and so much more. We couldn't have done it with out you!
some of my best friends Cal, Mike, Rick and Josh (who is helping me with make-up)

So for those of you that couldn't attend I hope you will really try and come up for next years event. Next year will be the 20th anniversary of Rendezvous and we are going to try and make it extra special and we will hopefully break an attendance record.

Some of the highlights for me were;

1) Drag Queen Bingo.  I've never done drag before, but when our drag queens ran into a scheduling problem, as the saying goes.. "The show must go on!" After doing the bingo I have a new appreciation for drag queens. The make-up, the shoes, the outfits, the hair... oh my! What a ton of work!

2) Our headliner on Friday, Nancy Norton, was absolutely hilarious! My stomach muscles were sore the next day from laughing so hard. Not only did she do a great show, but she brought a couple of guests who were very good. We will definitely try and have her back!

3) Nuclia Waste's show was, of course, tremendously entertaining on Saturday! She is so funny and does such an amazing job of entertaining the crowd with songs, jokes, and skits. She is just a delight to have at Rendezvous, and she and Anthony throw the most amazing parties at their campsite!! (thanks guys!!)

4) All the other little things like the fractured faerie tale, the workshops, the film festival, Joe's jokes and tall tales, the tighty whitey and best boobs contests, the opening ceremonies (I almost remember those, I was in the party zone!)

5) But the very best part for me was all the wonderful people. I've made so many new friends. Friends that will enrich my life for years to come! I love you guys!! (you know who you are!)



I'm sad it's over, but a little relieved. I can't wait to do it again next year! Thanks again to all who helped and the nearly 300 participants who made R-11 one of the most memorable experiences of my life!

Jeran

No comments:

Post a Comment